Hello Exam Seekers,
A couple of months agora I received an e-mail from Cambridge with a “Save the Date” for the Cambridge Day! They would open their registration on June 7th (last Friday), however, I wasn’t able to find the link – even though I searched everywhere. But, they finally opened the spots and sent me an e-mail announcing that they were opened:
Cambridge Day is a one-day event promoted by Cambridge that happens in many cities around the world. It is a great event to gather teachers in one place and share some info and some knowledge. This year it will be held in 7 cities in Brazil in different days in July:
- Porto Alegre (16 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 12h30
- Belém (22 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 12h
- Fortaleza (23 Jul 2019): from 14h to 18h
- Belo Horizonte (24 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 12h30
- Recife (24 Jul 2019): from 14h to 18h
- Rio de Janeiro (25 Jul 2019): from 14h to 18h
- São Paulo (26 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 17h
The one happening in São Paulo is taking place in the same place as it’s been happening for the past few years:
- Date: 26/07 – Friday
- Time: 8h30 – 17h30
- Venue: Fecomércio SP – R. Dr. Plínio Barreto, 285 – Bela Vista, São Paulo / SP
Some famous people in the field are coming: Michael Tomlinson and Mark Ibbotson are back. They gave us a great show last year, if you want to take a look at how it went, just click here. There are also other people coming with great presentations:
- On a mission! – Michael Tomlinson
- Peer power: exploring the importance of peers in language learning – Mark Ibbotson
- They never look up from their phones! Are we really connecting with them? – Ben Goldstein
- Encouraging learner autonomy in the classroom – Samantha Lewis
- Can a Framework for Life Competencies help English teachers in Brazil? – Ben Knight
How much is it?
It’s actually for free, however, you have to donate 1kg of non-perishable food such as rice, beans, pasta, and powdered milk (to be donated to Grupo Sol). And parking is not included.
You have to be aware of the time you arrive because reception starts 75 minutes prior to the scheduled time. But there is good news: Certificates of attendance will be issued by e-mail to all the participants, including pictures, so smile at all times!!!
So if you want more information and if you want to register, follow the link below:
What happens if I can’t attend but I want to watch it?
They are going to stream the day in São Paulo, so if you cannot attend and want to watch it, you can register here. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy a fine day talking to people who think great things for their schools, classes, etc.
I’m gonna be there, and later I’ll post some feedback for you here. I hope you have a great weekend and that you get prepared for Cambridge Day!
Don’t forget to follow me at:
Share with people that might be interested in attending these events, I’m sure I can help them, too. By doing that you help me provide even more content for you and for everybody.
Have a great weekend,