Hello Exam Seekers,
Have you registered for Cambridge Day 2019 yet? If you don’t know what Cambridge Day is, click here! I have posted about the next event Cambridge is giving us for free. You just need to bring 1kg of non-perishable food such as rice, beans, pasta, and powdered milk to be donated to Grupo Sol as they did last year. If you don’t know about the work that Grupo Sol does, just check their facebook page. They are a beneficent group who provides food for the ones who need it and can’t get it.
Well, if you registered for Cambridge Day, you are safe, however, if you didn’t, I’m sorry to say but Registrations are over!!!!
Last year it was full of people, there were even people sitting on the floor to watch it. That means that this year they tried to control even more the number of people going. So if you didn’t have the chance to register this year, next year you should try and register earlier… It’s always on the same days, so at the beginning of June, you should look for the registration because in July, at the end of it, it’s Cambridge Day at Fecomércio.
But if you really want to try and watch Cambridge Day this year, there might be two ways of doing that:
- You could still go there on the 26th and try to get in. Lots of people register, but not all of them can attend due to personal issues. [I myself have recently found out that I might not be attending, so there must be some spots open when the registered people enter]
- You could watch online: registration here! You can also interact with what’s going on live. You leave your comment and the might publish it! 🙂
But don’t worry, July is the month of the workshops and events. Since teachers work from Monday to Friday on regular school days, these publishers usually offer these kinds of events in vacation periods. So another event that is happening in July, actually one day before Cambridge Day is Teacher Training Day 2019.
Last year SBS offered the same type of event. You can check it here! This one is going to be at Instituto Singulares in São Paulo, near the subway station.
This is the schedule:
- 9:30-10:00 – Welcome Coffee and Registration
- 10-00-11:30: Pave the way with Soft skills: Why and How (Speaker: Gregg Sotiropoulos – MM Publications)
11:30-12:30: Pronunciation: the highway to successful communication (Speaker: Roger Espadas – EMPRESER)
- 12:30 – 14:00 – Lunch and Book Exhibition
- 14:30 – 15:30 – CLIL: Using it effectively in the classroom (Speaker: Jonathan Edwards – Compass Publishing)
- 15:30 – 16:30 : CLIL: Fostering Curiosity in your Students. (Speaker: Victor Cruz – Compass Publishing)
- 16:30 – 17:00 – Closing and Raffle
If you are attending these events, try and get there earlier, because depending on the event, when you have “coffee and registration”, they use the time they spared for the registration, allowing people to eat and talk to each other. It’s a great way to get to know more people from the teaching world. And don’t leave before it’s over, there is always a raffle. They usually offer books and other interesting items!
If you are not from São Paulo, there are other events going on. There is the 5th Alumni, CTJ & IBEU TEFL Conference which will happen in Brasilia. Check it out here!!!
And as I mentioned, there are other Cambridge Days happening in Brazil:
- Porto Alegre (16 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 12h30
- Belém (22 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 12h
- Fortaleza (23 Jul 2019): from 14h to 18h
- Belo Horizonte (24 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 12h30
- Recife (24 Jul 2019): from 14h to 18h
- Rio de Janeiro (25 Jul 2019): from 14h to 18h
- São Paulo (26 Jul 2019): from 8h30 to 17h
However, if you are from overseas and you are no planning on traveling to Brazil this month, there are other Cambridge events happening out there, check it out!
- Better Learning Conference 2019 – 2 Jul – 3 Jul 2019: Which is happening in UK, and it is paid, unfortunately.
- YouTube Live with David Crystal – 3 Jul 2019: Online and for free!!!
There are lots of things going on in July, I hope you can enjoy any of them! If you found other interesting courses and events this month and you want to share, please comment in the comment section below!
Don’t forget to follow me at:
Share with people that might be interested in attending these events, I’m sure I can help them, too. By doing that you help me provide even more content for you and for everybody.
Have a great weekend,